Wednesday 14 April 2010

Achievements


Bit of a mixed bag today, but after my last moany post I didn't want you to go thinking I'm stuck in the slough of despond. I have been working away and just wanted to get you up to speed on my achievements thus far.

Firstly I'm excited to discover this morning that I've been awarded a Beautiful Blogger Award (thanks Kate!). Now I'll do my best to come up with some more nominees - see below.

Second achievement today I managed to walk Theo for the first time since my little tumble last week. Yeah, I know it doesn't sound much, but it's a start.

Third achievement I'm making headway into Act 2 of my new WIP. You may remember I mentioned using a screenwriting tool called Contour in a previous post. It breaks the story down into a three act structure with a series of questions, twists and plot points. I used that to get an overall outline and now I'm trying to write the story according to that. Interesting process for me as I've always been a bit of a pantser (as in "flying by the seat of the pants") before now.

On the subject of outlines I came across a very interesting blog post yesterday which I'm passing on to you to take or leave as you wish.

Anyway, back to those nominations:

*Please ignore this if you have already received this award, which is entirely possible. (I only ever read the best blogs so someone is bound to have spotted you first!)

Edie Tor Talks Turkey - I'm only giving her this because no one else gives her anything and she'll make my life hell if I win something and she doesn't.
Disgruntled Bear
The Scribbling Seaserpent
Unexpected Tales
Col Bury's New Crime Fiction
Lexi Revellian
Sophie Playle
Wise Words
Welshcake
Tall Tales And Short Stories

So that's my ten! Phew, time for a lie down...

5 comments:

Sophie Playle said...

Thanks, Sandra!

And that's a very interesting post you link to. I've read about the Snowflake method, which seems interesting but also rather complicated.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks for the beautiful blogger award! It's wonderful to have someone see the beauty in 'grumpy and direct.'

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award, Sandra. It's lovely that you thought of me in my somewhat secluded world of crime fiction!
Hope the writing's going well.
Regards,
Col

K M Kelly said...

Thanks Sandra :-)

Tracy said...

Thanks for the award, Sandra. Much appreciated :D