Thursday 26 February 2009

Submission update


One of the fulls bounced back to me in the post this morning, the latter of the two as it happens - after only three weeks which is a pretty good turnaround time.

The letter with it said it would be impossible to sell in its present form. Well, it's feedback I suppose, but not specific enough to help me revise. Maybe they just think the story stinks?

Oh well. I'd be lying if I denied feeling a bit of angst for about 20 minutes, but there's no point in self pity, is there?

So it's back to the old keyboard...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear this Sandra.
Not sure if you've read the post on my blog but don't think of it as having been rejected, it's a case of 'NOT ACCEPTED YET'.

Sandra Patterson said...

Thanks Tracy,
Good advice and you know what ? I somehow feel fired up by it - I've just written 700 words of the new WIP this morning and feel really focussed. Weird.
I did read your post and you're absolutely right, it's so important to keep a Positive Mental Attitude.
Hope your writing is going well.
Sandra

Tracy said...

Good for you. Keep up the good work.