It hardly seems like a year since I was writing about this, but they say that happens as you get older. Another birthday, another milestone. And it's been a momentous year in many ways, but I'd rather look forward than back. So I've been thinking about what I'd like to see in the coming year. Here is my wish list...
1. World peace and an End to Hunger (OK, sorry to be trite but I thought I'd get that one out of the way first)
2. My son settled and happy in a job he loves, or at least enjoys. It doesn't look very hopeful in this climate, but we can wish.
3. To lose at least a stone and get fit again. I've made a start on this but there's a long way to go.
4. To get a publishing deal for my book. Or my next book.
5. To sell the film rights for a record sum and retire to the Med to live on Bollinger. (Too much? Ok, a cottage in Melrose would be nice)