Thursday 4 June 2009

Ello, ello, ello...


I'm looking for a bit of help with research. One of my characters is a Detective Sergeant and I need to fill in a bit of bio and procedural information (mainly for my own benefit) to fill him in a little. Unfortunately all I know about police begins and ends with The Bill which probably isn't the best source material. So I'm issuing a plea to anyone reading this who knows a bit about police business from the inside (preferably British - or Scottish to be specific - but other countries might be useful on general questions) and doesn't mind asking a lot of questions from an ignoramus. Please leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Anyone remember Z Cars and Dixon of Dock Green? I'm sure things have moved on since then...

1 comment:

Kim said...

'evnin' all! I remember Dixon of Dock Green, and the theme tune played on a harmonica! Ooh! an ZCars "Zed Victor one to BD!"

Hi Sandra - found this from the Nano site! How you doing?

You are right about the Bill - nothing like real life!