Thursday 2 April 2009

Spring Has Sprung


You know what - I think summer has come! The sun is shining, there are no puddles in the drive and the lawn is farting out of the ground like stubble on a navvy's chin.

But as always there's a down side to this rural idyll. After months of studiously ignoring it I now have to start paying attention to my garden. For the time being that really means keeping everything under control; weeds, grass cutting, hedge-trimming, etc. Time was when I was heavily into propagation (back in the days when this garden was little more than an overgrown paddock). Now I'm getting too old to lug barrow loads of soil - the old elbows give me gip - so I'm scaling down to the low energy level of gardening which means lifting nothing heavier that a hoe.

The Easter holidays start tomorrow so elder son comes home from University and the house will be a much less peaceful place for a week or so. The blogging might have to take a rest for a wee while, but I'll get back to it when I can.

Happy Easter one and all!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

'lawn is farting out of the ground like stubble on a navvy's chin.'

That's a beautiful image. ;)

I used to love gardening but can't do much now without suffering big time.

Louise Wise said...

Farting out of the ground? lol!!